Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can bottom out your savings account and make it tough to pay other bills.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Honda Accord insurance in Richmond.
It's a great practice to check insurance prices once or twice a year because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Accord insurance in Richmond a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Richmond seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are already insured or just want to save money, follow these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners only have to learn the quickest way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
Low-cost Honda insurance price quotes in Richmond
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Richmond, VA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$218||$230||$14||$68||$652||$54|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$338||$248||$14||$74||$840||$70|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$378||$264||$16||$80||$928||$77|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$228||$206||$12||$62||$642||$54|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$274||$296||$18||$88||$832||$69|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$270||$286||$16||$86||$842||$70|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$140||$248||$380||$22||$114||$904||$75|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$386||$328||$20||$98||$1,002||$84|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$312||$306||$18||$92||$884||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Richmond garaging location which can influence rates substantially.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Honda Accord yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Honda Accord insurance in Richmond with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to spy on driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Accord can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Accord insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, type of vehicle, professional/association, multi-car, and good student.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, easy pay, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, federal employee, and military active duty.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
If you want cheaper Richmond auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view insurers who offer cheap Honda Accord insurance quotes in Virginia, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Neighborhood Richmond auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Richmond that can give you free Richmond auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
If you need to find an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Richmond can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both provide car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference between them because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive agents in Richmond willing to provide rate quotes.
Damon Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
4508 S Laburnum Ave #200 - Richmond, VA 23231 - (804) 447-9987 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Richmond that are able to give comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: James B Coleman Jr Insurance Agency Inc
1420 Hull St, Ste B4 - Richmond, VA 23224 - (804) 231-2886 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy any time you want so never assume you are locked into your new company indefinitely.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Honda Accord.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/20), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Accord resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Accord to bring the cost down.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/20 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $20,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical services and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
How much can you save?
We just covered many tips how you can compare Honda Accord insurance car insurance rates in Richmond. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Richmond can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in McLean, Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Car Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)